In the past we ran a series on Getting To Know Our Missionaries and in those posts missionaries shared many different aspects about their lives with us. One of those things was how we as senders, supporters and prayers can be an encouragement to them. I have decided to compile the full list of those 9 things from each missionary that shared, and put them together as one list to share with you here. My hope is that you will take these things to heart, and that this week, you will do at least one of these things for one of our missionaries.
9 Ways to Encourage Missionaries:
1. “Let us know they are praying. Send a simple care package. (So much fun to get a little package from someone who was not known to be an interested person).” -Barbara Trumbower
2. “I’m not sure about others missionaries, but I love to receive letters. It means people took the time to write. I love to hear (or read) affirmative words! Many people think that missionaries are tired of hearing nice things, but this is not always true, nor will our ego explode… it is good to hear affirmative words.” –Alex Gulart
3. “Pray and let us know you are praying. Respond to updates even if it is a simple word or two. Ask intelligent questions when we communicate.” – Brook Seekins
4. “Pray. And then write them every once in a while to tell them you are praying or thinking of them.” –John Caprari
5. “I am so encouraged by people who look out for and love on my daughters when I am not there to do so! I am also very encouraged by notes, fb messages, and personal emails. I love it when people pray for us!” – Sally Roth
6. “Remember them even though they are far away. It’s easy to forget to call or send a note, but those things are so encouraging. Ask how things are going and be genuinely interested in what is going on in their lives.” –Sandi Bomers
7. “Pray for us and let us know you are praying. There have been so many times when we have been going through a rough time, and yet we can feel the prayers of God’s people. What an encouragement!” – Mary Sue Reed
8. “Prayers and notes that you are praying. Seeing people that have faithfully supported us is such an encouragement.” – Mike Benton
BE AN ENCOURAGEMENT TODAY!
“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:23- 25